Digitalization as part of the 4th industrial revolution has arrived in Oil & Gas. Technologies such as High-Performance Computing (HPC), Augmented and Virtual Reality (AR/VR), Drones, Big Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence (AI) that originate from the High-Tech sector, are now being adopted by energy companies.
But Digitalization is not only about fancy, new technologies. The focus of future change in the E&P Business is about the way we operate on a daily basis. Value will not be generated by turning inefficient analog processes into inefficient digital ones. Rethinking processes along the entire value chain, with the technology as an enabler, is the competitive advantage that will set the digital adopters apart from the industry laggards. Our ways of working are about to be reinvented in many ways – can you think of one?
Competition task for 2019:
“Digital Revolution – how would you like to work on an E&P project in the future?”
You are kindly requested:
• to describe a technical task or problem within the industry
• to introduce a new idea, including practical work program in case of victory of your team
• to explain how your idea increases the overall (industry) environmental responsibility
• to evaluate the commitment to occupational and industrial safety as well as the creative component of the project
• to evaluate the “speed of changes”, i.e. how soon the design effect will contribute to economic and operations
• to introduce your team, describe your team roles and evaluate the way your idea may be useful for others.
Please note, that ideas that have already been summited or are already conducted as R&D project will not be accepted.
Please introduce your team and your idea strictly using the application form given below.
Submit your idea (the problem and ways to solve it), the implementation and possible solutions in the form of presentation - maximum of 20 slides. Kindly present your ideas in English.
• Creativity and innovation of the idea (30 %)
• Feasibility and link to the traditional E&P business (25 %)
• Contribution to UN Sustainable Development Goals (15%)
• Contribution to energy security (15 %)
• Quality and manner of presentation (15 %)
Three teams with the best submissions will be invited to present their ideas at a conference in October 2019, which will select the best idea.
The team that will have presented, according to the jury, the best idea will be granted the Young Vision Award 2019, which comes with following benefits:
- 1-week internship in one of the branches of Wintershall or of Gazprom International
The publication of the proposed idea in the magazine "Oil&Gas Journal Russia"
A one-year complementary «Oil&Gas Journal Russia" subscription
Evaluation of the idea by one or more international experts. If the idea is found to be technically feasible, appropriate and economically justified, the companies Wintershall and Gazprom International will agree on supporting the first phase of the project via financing.
Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's degree program and maintaining student status in Fall Semester 2019.
Participants must have a valid passport for travelling abroad.
Deadline for applications: July 1, 2019
The jury is composed of independent international experts.
The expert committee's decision on the finalists will be taken in July 2019.
For more information please visit: www.youngvisionaward.com